Buhari Swears-in Ex IG Of Police, Smith, Others Into Police Service Commission (9JA NEWS)
A former Inspector General of Police, (IGP), Musiliu Smith, has been sworn-in as the chairman of the Police Service Commission (PSC), by President Muhammadu Buhari.
According to PREMIUM Times, the inauguration ceremony took place on Wednesday morning before the commencement of the meeting of the Federal Executive Council presided over by the President.
Smith will succeed another former IGP, Mike Okiro.
Also sworn in were;
1. Clara Ogunbiyi (full-time commissioner) from the north-east, representing the judiciary community
2. Retired AIG Lawal Bawa (full-time commissioner) from north-west, representing the Police community
3. Mohammed Najatu (member) from the north-west, representing women on the commission
4. Braimoh Austin, (member) from the South-South, representing the media community
5. Rommy Mom (member) from North Central, representing human rights
6. Nkemka Jombo-Ofo (member) from South East, representing organized labour.
The preisdent also swore in, Festus Okoye, as a National Electoral Commissioner, in the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC), representing the South East.